Yesterday, Sony officially unveils the world’s first water-resistant smart watch with NFC connectivity and also with various forms and function in a sleek design, a multi- functional watch, notifier, Android app interface and phone remote control, all-in-one. It’s got a 1.6-inch 220 x 176-pixel touchscreen and an aluminum body.
Key features for Sony SmartWatch 2 given in press release
• Screen brightness (sunlight readable)
• Longest battery life for a smart watch* (battery level indicator shows low battery warning)
• Water-resistant (IP57)
• Easy setup (NFC pairing and connecting)
• Standalone watch functionality
• Standard micro USB cable for charging
• User interface similar to Android UI so it is more intuitive
• Bigger screen with higher resolution (1.6 inch, 220 x 176 pixels)
• High quality materials (aluminium body and stainless steel wristband)
• Extended compatibility (works with most Android phones)
• Swappable wristbands – personalise with any standard 24mm strap
Its easy to adjust the tracks and volume on your music player and can also connected to Bluetooth headset to receive and end calls. The battery life of the device is said to be around four days, and it charges via standard microUSB.
Sony SmartWatch 2 will be available worldwide from September 2013. No price details available in the press release.
Stefan K Persson, Head of Companion Products at Sony Mobile Communications says,
“Sony is the proud leader in the smart watch market** since introducing our first Bluetooth watch in 2007”
Read more about Sony SmartWatch 2